Thursday, May 9, 2013

A change of soil

There is a common phrase I've seen floating around the internet and home decor recently and that is "Bloom where you're planted."

I get what it's saying, make the best of your situation and be your best.  Don't make excuses why you can't succeed just do it.  Makes sense, but while plants DO bloom wherever they are planted they bloom bigger and brighter when they are planted in the soil they like best.

I'm excited to say I am changing soil!  I've tried to bloom here in the Chicago-land area but neither my husband nor I have taken to it well.  I have really dug deep and tried to shine and the be the person I really wanted to be but it's just muted in a way that it's hard for me to write about.  It's just not us, we just don't like it here.  There are a number of very specific reasons why but I don't want to ruin anyone's outlook if their dream is to move to the Chicago-land area.  For some people I can see why they would want to live here, but it's not for our family.  This summer we are digging up our roots and transplanting ourselves to the Charlotte area.  It is going to be a huge change and stressful too but I am so excited to start this next chapter in our lives.

So why did I come back to my blog?  Because in a time of great change I just wanted someplace to put all my thoughts.  I am also going to be leaving some wonderful wonderful people behind when I move and I would like have a place they can check in on my move, my house, and my life in general if they should ever miss me.

No comments:

Post a Comment